Protecting unoccupied properties in winter
21 October 2020
With the winter months fast approaching, now is the time to consider how adverse weather conditions could impact unoccupied properties.
Here are some top tips on how your client can protect their property during winter months and to prepare for issues caused by burst pipes, storm damage and floods:
- Regular inspections, a signed and dated log and any issues rectified as soon as possible
- Letterboxes and catflaps should be sealed internally.
- Garden furniture should be stored away.
- Ensure any trees within the close proximity of the premises are pruned and maintained.
- Fencing should be secured and any loose panels replaced.
With the British weather being so famously unpredictable, your client cannot possibly protect against everything and so we would strongly recommend your client has insurance in place.
With a wealth of expertise in underwriting unoccupied commercial and residential property risks, DUAL appreciate the specialist requirements for such properties and how difficult they may be to place within your usual insurance markets.